By the time the April showers turn to May flowers, we are all ready to head to a patio and enjoy an al fresco meal. If you asked me what is better than an epic brunch once the weather gets balmy, I’d be hard pressed to find an answer. Now that we are starting to feel safer gathering together, Brunch is back in a million different ways that fit everyone’s level of that we are itching to explore!
Sweet & Savory
The Post chicken & waffles brunch
- Pillowy, soft & dusted in powdered sugar, Lucille’s Beignets are meant to be shared as a sweet pre-breakfast treat for the table
- Blueberry Cornbread Pancakes are a cult favorite at the Walnut Café
- The Post Chicken & Beer does Chicken & Waffles
- The Reuben Benedict at Tangerine is one of those dishes that will silence a diner once it hits the table
- Huckleberry supplies the Louisville community with down-home comfort in the form of salivating Scramlettes ripe with farm to table vegetables from their Three Leaf Farm
- Catching up with friends on the patio at Café Aion with a Croque Madame is a great way to start the day
New Kids on the Block…
My Neighbor Felix brunch
My Neighbor Felix opened on Pearl St. in April and has been bustling ever since. With a prime location on the corner of 9th & Pearl, brunch there offers savory showstoppers such as their Smoky Black Bean Flautas and Mexican Everything Bagel as well as Churro French Toast and Tres Leches Waffles for the sweet tooth’s in the crowd. I think we’re going to like this Felix fella.
You can always Grab & Go, Go, Go…
One of our favorite ways to spend a Spring morning is hitting a trail, latte & carb in hand. Plus, if you’re walking while eating a pastry, it’s negative calories, right? ….Let’s be honest, with buttery, flakey treats like these, we don’t even care.